Last summer I thought it would be a cute idea to ask Papa if we could have a couple of his old shirts so that I could make art smocks for our little sprogs for Christmas. I took my time and pondered how exactly I would pull off this project. I had every intention of telling Papa what I wanted to do for the
Papa's old shirts
Separate the front of the shirt from the back; cutting off both sleeves.
Line up the two pieces that made up the front of the shirt where it buttoned & stitch together. After I got the two front sides attached, I pressed it with the Heat-n-Bond.
Turn the cuff onto the sleeve, pin together the rough edges, and stitch together. The sleeve is going to be the artist's supplies pocket on the front of the apron. I ironed-on some of the vinyl to protect it as well.
Place the sleeve in the middle of the apron where you would want the pocket and top-stitch to secure.
I then top-stitched one of the labels onto the breast pocket and then top-stitched the pocket in place on the front of the apron
Turn right sides out and top-stitch around the 2 sides and top (leaving the bottom edge open).
On the opposite corner sew one of the buttons on that was removed.
Gather up all the buttons that you removed and begin to sew them into place where there are visible button holes. (Don't forget the cuff on your supply pocket)