Updates & Plans

It dawned on me today that due to the business of life and illnesses, I haven't made any updates to my blog.
My Detox Diet:
This came to an abrupt end due to my lack of pre-planning.  I did lose about 5 pounds in one week; but in the future I will need to make sure I have enough groceries to last at least a week (2 weeks are preferred).  Come summer I will have bounty from my garden to help tide me over...this should make it easier.

Which brings me to...
Gardening: 

I'm looking forward to getting down to the local nursery to pick up some gardening supplies.  This will be our first full year in our new house since my husband retired from the military.  I've been wanting to have a serious garden for so many years.  I've been getting by using a container garden with a couple tomato plants and an occasional pepper plant in the past.  Last year we were in the process of moving cross-country, expecting our sixth child, and purchasing our first home together. There was just too much going on in our lives to make a commitment to a garden. Oh, how I missed having fresh veggies from the garden. Now I have visions of fruits and veggies galore! As summer came to an end last year, my husband and I came accross a nursery that was having a moving sale.  We made out with four raspberry plants (my honey's favorite) for about 75% off. I'm hoping they will like the ground where we planted them.  This year I'm on the prowl for blueberry bushes. Due to the fact that I was a military brat & have since been a Navy wife living in arid CA for 20 years, I know absolutely nothing about growing blueberries. I could really use all the help I can get. I'm hoping I can find some fairly inexpensive bushes soon.


Oh, and strawberries!
 Sorry, I'm very excited.

Comments

Popular Posts