Day 2 of Detox

I have allergies, ugh. They consist of dogs, cats, birds & juniper....Right now having a dog is not agreeing with me, but he was a gift for my husband; so what can a girl do? I wonder if my diet will affect my symptoms I'm suffering with. I'll have to take note of how I'm feeling each day & see.


Today I woke up feeling groggy, puffy/itchy eyes and congested. No headache from lack of caffeine though =D

Must brew a pot of tea... Green tea, a couple slices of ginger and honey. That hit the spot. I'm not even missing caffeine. I've come to the conclusion that I just need something hot to drink in the morning. Bonus, green tae should help my rhumatiod arthritis.
Breakfast

Last night I prepared some brown rice with ginger, orange zest, raisins & honey. I put it the microwave this morning & heated it up. I had mine as is, mixed some of the yogurt that I made a couple days ago into my toddler's. We both ate it up. We all like rice pudding around here so this was my version of it today. There was enough left over for us to snack on all week.

I haven't put much thought into what I'll be eating the rest of the day, but I don't really care at this point. When I get hungry, I'll figure something out. I need to remember to buy some dried beans and frozen fish. Beans can be prepared a variety of ways and fish will make a nice change from eating chicken all the time. I love Salmon, hopefully they will have some at the grocery store.

Ok, I got hungry. So, I pulled out a bunch of fresh veggies from the fridge. Sauteed them in chicken stock, mixed up some eggs, put them all together in a pie pan & baked it in the oven... YUM! If I hadn't been on this diet, I would've never tried this without milk and cheese. However, it was wonderful...I plan on making this for breakfast in the future.
Frittata

1/4 c home-made chicken stock
1 c chopped broccoli
4 sliced mushroom caps
1/2 onion chopped
1/2 sliced zucchini
4 eggs whisked (I am only going to eat 1 serving per day.If I entended on consuming the entire thing in one day, I would only use 1 whole egg and 3 egg whites)

Pre-heat oven to 350
Sautee all veggies in stock then add eggs, mix well. Transfer to pieplate coated with non-stick spray. bake until eggs are no longer loose....about 15 minutes. I cut mine into 1/4's.

Well I sort of cheated for dinner and had KFC, but I wanted to stay on track so I really considered what I was ordering. I got a meal with 2 pieces of grilled chicken, plain mashed potatoes and a water to drink. Technically this is bad because, I do not know what was in the potatoes or on the chicken and the whole point of the diet is to detox from dairy, caffeine, sugar, gluten and preservatives. I figure at least I didn't get fried chicken with gravy soaked potatoes, cole slaw, biscuit and a large soda (this is my favorite KFC meal) .

I'm now home, relaxing with my baby in the rocker sipping some green tea. I would like a snack though. It's time to ask my honey if he'll run down to the store to get me some mixed nuts with sea salt.



Comments

Popular Posts