1st Day of Detox

Today wasn't bad. I started the morning off with a tangerine. No coffee this morning (I like lots of creamer & milk in mine) I can manage without for a couple of weeks. I opted for green tea with honey instead. I snacked on pieces of fruit while I was preparing my two year old's breakfast.

Everyday when she gets up I ask her, "are you hungry". And each time she says yes. When I ask her what she'd like to have, the answer is always, "MEAT". So today I gave her some leftover chicken pot pie that I made two days ago.

While she was eating her breakfast pie, I started to prepare my lunch so that I wouldn't be tempted to grab something forbidden when I got hungry. I defrosted some chicken & chicken stock that I prepared last weekend and froze. I got out my George Foreman grill & cleaned it up (it's amazing how dirty that thing got in my cabinet since I last used it)

I began to grill my chicken (with extra for dinner), got out some green leafy things that were on sale yesterday, and mixed up some salad dressing.....

salad dressing

1/4 c apple cider vinegar
1/4 c lemon juice
1 c chicken stock
1/2 tsp Italian herbs
sea salt to taste

I tore the chicken from the bone and mixed with lettuce and dressing...a little more salt & I was fighting my toddler over this one. I was surprised at how yummy it was.

Next time I'm making more.

For dinner I had some of the chicken that I grilled earlier, brown rice cooked in my homemade chicken stock & broccoli steamed in the micro....I must say the brown rice wasn't bad. I guess my past bad experiences were because I wasn't cooking it long enough....I'll have to remember in the future to cook for a full 45 minutes and not the usual 20 that I cook white rice.

I decided to make another pot of green tea to sip on. This time I added ginger to it. It added a nice fresh scent & flavor. An entire day without soda & coffee wasn't bad at all. I hardly even thought about it, until I began to get a headache...I hope it's ok to take Advil, because I'm doing it.

After I had my dinner, I cooked up some more brown rice in water with some fresh ginger & orange zest. When it was done I added raisins and honey....now I'm ready for breakfast =) this makes me happy. I will be able to get up knowing that I have a plan in place & won't have to wonder what I'll be making.

While watching evening news I had a tall glass of orange juice with frozen berries in it. I usually put ice in my drinks, but thought this might be a nice treat. Can't wait until my blackberry & raspberry bushes start to produce!

Today's challenges

The only thing I found myself wanting today was ice cream. Of course, I would not suggest starting your diet on your child's birthday. But I wanted to start on a Monday, so today was the day.

Comments

Popular Posts