Detox Diet

After about 6 months of careful thought (and witnessing my BFF going through the detox diet), I decided to take the plunge myself. I remember asking my friend when she was done with her diet if she felt noticably different. She told me that she didn't feel tired and groggy like she usually does. The biggest difference that she noticed was when she went back to her old life-style, she felt noticably worse.

I blame it all on the soda. We are both soda freaks, we love it & don't want to go without. Now I find myself wondering if it's worth it to drink soda everyday if this is the way it makes me feel.

So the diet goes like this: you can eat anything that can be pulled out of the ground or off a plant or tree.

can eat...............................................cannot eat
frozen & fresh fruit ...................anything with preservatives
frozen & fresh veggies ..............meat (with a couple of exceptions)
chicken & fish...........................bread of any kind
brown rice........................................sugar
honey or real maple syrup.................dairy products
home-made chicken stock.................table salt
fresh squeezed lemon juice.................pasta
apple cider vinegar...........................crackers
1 egg yolk a day
(all the egg whites you can handle)
any tea, coffee or juice with no caffeine, sugar or preservatives
fresh herbs & spices
sea salt

The diet lasts 2 weeks and when it is over you should only add things that you cannot live without. The idea is to change your eating habits to select more healthy choices. However, most people really want their bread and pasta....so everything in moderation after the initial 2 weeks.

As I learn more about the diet, I will post updates

My beginning stats:
158 lbs
Suffer from allergies
    Rhumatoid arthrites (I have trouble lifting my babies regularly and occasionally have difficulty walking)
Feel tired, groggy and have lots of aches & pains on a regular basis

I love cheese
Skim milk with my meals
Soda, soda, soda
Brownies
My BFF's chocolate cake
Ice Cream

Comments

Popular Posts